Singing Retreat and Festival of Voices with Emma Dean
From the picturesque highlands of Tasmania to beautiful Hobart city and its surrounds, our five day Singing Retreat, led by award winning singer/songwriter and choir leader extraordinaire, Emma Dean, is a truly unique, inspiring and unforgettable experience.
So what can you expect?
You will sing lots. You'll probably laugh more. You'll meet a great group of people who share your love of music and singing. You’ll learn beautifully arranged, contemporary songs by Emma and become part of a choir that will perform at Hobart’s Festival of Voices, Australia’s premier celebration of the voice. You'll eat amazing Tasmanian food, drink incredible local wines, stay in beautiful accommodation, enjoy roaring fires and delight in the dark nights and the crisp cold of a proper winter. It's pretty special. Come with us and see why everyone's raving about this experience.
“My third singing retreat and I’m already keen for the fourth! A joyous filled few days. Emma and Tony run the workshops with professionalism and fun and Pauline and Sharon are such a delight. Nothing is ever too much trouble. A memorable Tasmanian trip where I happily sung my little heart out!”Kate Davies, 2017
- July 11 – July 15, 2018
- $2,095 pp twin share
Emma’s music career has seen her live, travel and perform all over the world. As well as independently releasing a long list of critically acclaimed EPs and albums, she has been listed as ‘one of ten artists to watch’ by The New York Post and is the proud recipient of the Under Our Wing Award (Tim Minchin, Sammy J). In 2017, Emma was Choir Director for the Qld Music Festival’s The Power Within and was commissioned to write a large-scale choir arrangement of the iconic You’re the Voice song which was performed by 2,500 singers and John Farnham as part of the same festival. Emma is passionate about helping people of all ages tap into their creativity and find their unique voice in a fun, supportive environment. She is choir leader for the Brisbane-based community choir, Cheep Trill, and is joined on this retreat by multi-instrumentalist and vocalist Tony Dean as accompanist and assistant musical director.
The retreat includes:
- 2 day choir workshop led by Emma Dean at Ratho Farm in Tasmania’s central highlands
- 2 days performing as a choir at various sites around Hobart at the Festival of Voices
- 2 nights twin share accommodation at Ratho Farm (single supplement available)
- 2 nights twin share accommodation at the Lenna Hotel, Hobart (single supplement available)
- All meals, morning and afternoon teas and welcome drinks at Ratho Farm and all meals in Hobart (excluding one lunch and one dinner in Hobart)
- Return coach transfers from Hobart to Ratho Farm
- Open mic solo performance opportunity at Ratho Farm (only if you want to!)
- And a few other treats and surprises along the way
For bookings, information and why you’ll love this retreat:
Sharon 0414 317 950 or Pauline 0427 320 118